Khamis, 7 Oktober 2010

balance here and there

it's been a while since I read new books.. in fact I only managed to finish a novel after landed in Kyoto.. not good.. A NOVEL WITHIN 4 MONTHS!! sigh!! malu dengan diri sendiri!


last tuesday I went to the university's book shop.. I'll blog about bookshops in Kyoto in another entry..


there was only one english section in the book shop.. that is kinda good enough for me to find new books that I find interesting to read... but I still have another couple of books at home which are still not touch yet..


that include this book.. (pic googled)



well, today I started to read the book again (I stopped last time because I was too busy -again lame excuse.. I know..) last Tuesday I did bought the new edition of Reader's Digest and been reading it before sleep for the past 2 nights.. last night I stumbled across the article on Ketut - the shaman whom Elizabeth went to see during her assignment visit at Bali..


This morning while reading the book, there was one question that Elizabeth asked Ketut that kind of struck me.. A question that I quite often asked myself..

I want to have a lasting experience of God. Sometimes I feel like I understand the divinity of this world, but then I lose it because I get distracted by my petty desires and fears. I want to be with God all the time. But I don't want to be a monk, or totally give up worldly pleasures. I guess what I want to learn is how to live in this world and enjoy its delights, but also devote myself to God.


well, do you guys feel the same too or is it just me? just out of my curiosity.. but, day by day, I am grateful that Allah kept me under His rahmat of being a muslim and able to worship him daily..


tbc - I am still reading the book though.. will continue to blog whatever I find interesting..


anyone seen the movie yet?


2 ulasan:

yatie chomeyl berkata...

ada jugak english section..kat sini xde pon uwaaaaaaaaaaaa

terpaksa beli novel through amazon.jp hehe

Unknown berkata...

sama la kami pun.. rujukan semua amazon le.. section dia kecik aje.. kak mas suka laie kat kinokuniya osaka.. ada la banyak jenis sikit